Sunday 17 October 2021

I AM ONE WITH THEM (IN SOLIDARITY WITH PERSECUTED HINDUS IN BANGLADESH)


I AM ONE WITH THEM

------------------------------------

(IN SOLIDARITY WITH PERSECUTED HINDUS IN BANGLADESH)


In their pain I am one with them.

In their devastated dreams I am one with them.

In their shattered hopes I am one with them.

I am one with all my sisters and brothers

In their desecrated worship,

In the early immersion of their aspirations,

In their dread and in their dear-bought flickering selves

That could like the flame in the breeze go out any moment

Leaving no trace behind but a memory, faint and far.

For once upon a time reigned here those

That now for mercy's sake plead,

The last of the remnants that remind the glory that was once

Before the killings separated brethren,

Split an integrated polity into a persecuting tribe

And a hunted lot of peaceful people.

Now it is no more a liberated land

But the field of foul foxes baying for blood,

The blood of innocents.

And in this final act of giving I am one with them.

If I cannot bring good cheer to my sisters and brothers,

If I cannot make them smile in their ceaseless hour of stress,

Let me shed a tear and in sufferance be one with them.


Composed by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment