Wednesday 12 June 2019

THIS PIECE OF NEWS IS NOT A CURRENT ONE BUT DATING 22 JAN, 2015. APOLOGIES FOR SHARING IT WITHOUT CHECKING ON THE DATE OF ITS PUBLICATION AND, HENCE, INADVERTENTLY GIVING IN TO HELPING SPREAD MISINFORMATION.


THIS PIECE OF NEWS IS NOT A CURRENT ONE BUT DATING 22 JAN, 2015. APOLOGIES FOR SHARING IT WITHOUT CHECKING ON THE DATE OF ITS PUBLICATION AND, HENCE, INADVERTENTLY GIVING IN TO HELPING SPREAD MISINFORMATION.

This piece of news is not a current one but dating 22 Jan, 2015. Apologies for sharing it without checking on the date of its publication and, hence, inadvertently giving in to helping spread misinformation.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Soumya Priya Chowdhury You are absolutely right. It was an oversight as I was sharing it from someone else's profile and implicitly trusted it to be current news. However, on you alerting me to it, I checked up on it and found it to be a 2015 news item, more specifically, Jan 22, 2015. Hence, I shall remove it after apprising all on the staleness and inaccuracy of the news. Thank you, Soumya Priya. Anyhow, I hope you are doing well.

P. S. : My fault lay in the fact that I did not check up on the date before posting and I am entirely culpable to this unintended but careless offence. I must be more vigilant in future for it, otherwise, would be tantamount to giving in to the circulation of fake news as is the wont these days. My apologies to the readers and to Mr. Dinesh Trivedi for myself having been party unwittingly but without ill-intent to this piece of stale news circulation.

Preface to the post written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment