Tuesday 4 September 2018

I AM WHO I AM AND CHOOSE TO REMAIN SO AS A MARK OF RESPECT FOR MY PARENTS AND MY FAMILIAL LINE AND FOR OBVIOUS BIOLOGICAL REASONS

I AM WHO I AM AND CHOOSE TO REMAIN SO AS A MARK OF RESPECT TO MY PARENTS AND MY FAMILIAL LINE AND FOR OBVIOUS BIOLOGICAL REASONS

I do not at all feel honoured in being wrongly identified as a member of Netaji's extended family simply because my name happens to be Sugata Bose. I am in no way connected to the Netaji Bose family. Some people therefore foolishly ask me as to why my name is Sugata Bose and I can only laugh indignantly at their stupidity. Is there only one Sugata Bose in this planet and is there a Constitutional injunction in India that anyone else having that name must on account of it necessarily be a member of Netaji Bose's family? My profile wall clearly says it all as to who I am and my cover picture and profile picture also eloquently declare me likewise. I am completely an apolitical person with an absolute abhorrence for corrupt politicians who are ruining my motherland. I have never ever engaged in politics nor will ever do so. I have been at the receiving end of indiscreet questioning by newly befriended people on facebook many of whom have been quite offensive in the way they have exhibited their foolishness in asking me as to why I have assumed the name 'Sugata Bose' and donned the picture of some such political personality of their adoration on my profile wall. If this is not plainly offensive to my dignity as a human being, then, pray tell me, what is?

Now let me clear this once more :
(a) My good name is : Sugata Bose
(b) My own photo and not someone else's is there on the cover and profile of my facebook wall.
(c) I am an apolitical person and, as such, have no affiliation to any political party whatsoever.
(d) I am a teacher by profession, true, but not a professor by any stretch of imagination.
(e) I am a permanent resident of India and not settled ever, even for a brief period of the year, in USA.
(f) I am not a historian by profession nor am I a Parliamentarian of any party.
(g) I am totally unconnected to the Netaji Bose family.

Thank you for your patience in going through this disclaimer that has now become an imperative in my case owing to constant irritation caused by false identification of myself with another person bearing the same name but totally different characteristics and attributes, such wrong identification being induced not by me but resulting from the gullibility and carelessness of casual people who prefer to imagine things on the basis of strange preconceptions and care not to verify their notions thereof on the basis of hard facts which are all available and easy to access.

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment