Tuesday 4 September 2018

THE SHADOWS LENGTHEN AND NIGHT DRAWS NEAR


THE SHADOWS LENGTHEN AND NIGHT DRAWS NEAR

I am an insignificant figure on the face of this earth, crawling like a worm, yet, aspiring for infinite freedom. Bound am I hands and feet to this body and by a million desires to the mind, yet, none of these am I. And yet, discrimination fails as I get deluded into the compelling belief that I am this mass of body and mind, hopelessly bound to a perishable end. My days are numbered here as darkness closes in and I fail to quicken myself like in the balmy days of youth to a fiery resolve to realise the ultimate truth. 
The God in heaven has failed and I fail to hearken to the call of the God within. Yet, the voice within, faint and feeble, keeps on calling, hoping for a response from its friend forever even as the Master waits on the shore of eternity to ferry me across to the blessed realm of endless existence, boundless bliss and constancy of consciousness. The shadows lengthen and evening looms large on the horizons of my being. There is no more time to tarry for every passing moment brings closer the inevitable end to this earthly sojourn. Whither my consciousness of blossoming youth, whither?

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment