Saturday 28 April 2018

COMMENTS : DID GANDHIJI EVER GIVE THE CLARION CALL FOR FREEDOM IN 'BANDE MATARAM'?



Sugata Bose The revolutionaries used to give the clarion call for freedom in 'Bande Mataram'. Did Gandhiji ever do so in public?Avinash Krishna Kumar Good point. Never thought.Satadru Sovon Ghosh Seems neverSugata Bose Then, pray, tell me why he never did so?Satadru Sovon Ghosh Sugata Bose Sir on behest of JinnahSugata Bose Satadru, doubtful.Satadru Sovon Ghosh Gandhi and even the Congress members decided and said they will not use the ‘slogan’ in any of their public appearance later.Sugata Bose Satadru, forget the Congress. The question I have raised purely relates to Gandhi. Let us not confuse matters by broadening the discussion.Satadru Sovon Ghosh Sugata Bose Sir so far I am concerned Gandhi is also alleged to have imposed a ban on Shiv Banvani- a small poem by poet Bhushan.The poem highlighted the role of Shivaji in halting the Islamic conversion of India. Gandhi was quick to reach and ban the song; in order to respect the sentiments of his Muslim brothers.Sugata Bose I understand all this but let someone answer the question I have raised in the post.Sugata Bose I wish for responses to the question, please.Narayanan Gandhi Good question. I would like to know the authentic answer. Plus I would also like to know if any other national leader used to encourage singing of devotional songs in public meetings or fasting and doing such austerities like Gandhiji did.Madhusudan Pal Possibly never.

No comments:

Post a Comment