Monday 16 April 2018

GIVE ME BLOOD AND I WILL GIVE YOU FREEDOM

As administrator of this conversation group, I have a submission to make. My role here is that of a moderator and, as such, I shall try to maintain neutrality in debate and discussion as far as possible unless, of course, I am being specifically called in to answer a charge or give a response to a situation or a query where my personal take on an issue is getting involved. Otherwise, my job will be to maintain decorum in discourse, civility in conversation and setting the direction right should it go awry owing to a lapse in member-memory as to the thematic content of this group.

I shall not be wanting in posting copiously at times videos from the YouTube and articles and essays from other online sources but they must not be construed to be my personal endorsement of the content thereof. The whole idea is to trigger interest in the freedom movement more than ever before and to apprise members of as much new material as I can lay my hands on for all to learn and profit from. And the same principle of posting should apply for other members as well and only their own comments or personal write-ups will bear the mark of their own individual stance. As to the theories pertaining to Netaji's disappearance/death/survival, I have no specific stand on it and all posts/videos of mine must only be understood to be the attempt at bringing together the maximum amount of diverse data in one place for members to study and sift out relevant information from that may help them in their pursuit to know the truth about the matter. The same goes for other areas and phases of the freedom struggle.

A final point I wish to make and it is this that the very name of the conversation, 'GIVE ME BLOOD AND I WILL GIVE YOU FREEDOM', does by implication mean that the thrust area of deliberation in this group will be the revolutionary movement of the freedom struggle from 1857 to 1947 with special emphasis on Netaji and his seminal contributions. As the scope of his activities was vast and stretched over all of the phases of the freedom movement from 1920 onward and had a global dimension to it as well, necessarily therefore, other allied movements and personalities will come in by way of discussion and reference which must not be interpreted by members as being extraneous but must be honoured as being integral to the view of the freedom movement within the ambit of the evolving history of the times then.

A final word and I will end thereafter, and it is to thank all of you for being patient with me by allowing me this privilege of adding you all, ardent devotees by admission and intent, I know, of Netaji, to this group so that we may in our own feeble way daily offer our homage to our hero and, in exchanging ideas among us, profit from each other's knowledge and experience.

Thanking you all,
I remain in Netaji the servant of all of you,
Sugata Bose.

No comments:

Post a Comment