Saturday 21 April 2018

MISSION FOR MY MOTHERLAND ... 1


A concerted effort is needed to drive home the essential features of the real revolution that liberated our motherland. Right now, sporadic attempts are being made, a la Revolt of 1857 type. This will fail to deliver the message to the masses effectively. I invite all of you, whosoever wishes, that is, to join me in this crusade for the establishment of the true narrative of the freedom struggle. For my own part, I can at present but contribute only through the pen on facebook mightily. Therefore, my invitation is restricted to propagation through this medium alone, that is, for the while, when I am held up at home by familial conditions. However, this is a very potent medium and can bring about not an inconsiderable amount of dissemination of the truth. So, I reiterate, do join me in this crusade for the restoration of the correct narrative of the history of the freedom struggle of India.
P.S. A clarification is being offered here. None should misinterpret my allusion to the sporadic nature of the Revolt of 1857. It failed because of that --- the lack of philosophical clarity, absence of a post-independence programme of national reconstruction (ref. Gandhi's similar predicament and Subhas Chandra's horror and indignation at it in his very first meeting with the leader in 1920 at Bombay upon homecoming from ICS resignation in England) and absence of unity of leadership and its consequent cohesion of revolutionary programme. The reference I have made is purely in innocent highlighting of an idea in historical terms and nothing derogatory whatsoever, for even in my dreams I can never belittle the magnificent sacrifices the revolutionaries of this First War of Indian Independence made for the unshackling of colonial fetters whose reward in defeat was to be blown off the mouths of cannons by their 'civilised' and 'civilising' colonial masters. Hence, my apologies in case the reference seems far-fetched and unwarranted.
Inquilab zindabad! Azad Hind zindabad! (Long live revolution! Long live Free India!)

No comments:

Post a Comment