Thursday 30 May 2024

"I SHALL CONTINUE TO SOUND THE GONG," SAID SWAMIJI. BUT THEY REJECT HIM SO BAD.




"I SHALL CONTINUE TO SOUND THE GONG," SAID SWAMIJI. BUT THEY REJECT HIM SO BAD.


I shall neither pander to organisational vanity nor to individual fame with massive fan-following but shall articulate what I find pertinent in Swamiji's masculine message of the Soul. Vedanta must come alive in the veins like volcanic lava pouring out and metamorphosing men out of weaklings with pronounced effeminacy. Then shall Vedanta be served best when the enemy terrain is traversed and the adversary conquered not with sweet-sounding accomodating articulation but with thunderous expression of the bare brutal truth. Remember what Swamiji said, "Truth does not pay homage to any society, ancient or modern. Society has to pay homage to Truth or die." So, Truth is my ideal, not any society, religious or otherwise, however exalted. No individual, however lionised in society, is my ideal. As such, to awaken my brethren across the world, "I shall continue to sound the gong," as my hero Swami Vivekananda had put it to his brave disciple Nivedita. 🕉 Hindu!


Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment