Monday 5 November 2018

THE BLINDING EGO AND ITS DELIGHTFUL DISPLAY

THE BLINDING EGO AND ITS DELIGHTFUL DISPLAY

Can you obliterate that wretched ego this Kali Puja day? If you can, do so, and to you my heartiest congratulations on self-conquest. If you fail in the attempt, my commiserations to you. But if you deem it unnecessary totally to get even with that odd projection of the petty self, then what have I in common with you, my friend, that we shall share a delightful Deepavali?

Rituals, festivals, observances and celebrations come and go but this wretch of an ego haunts the human house ever. It is the constant companion of the converted self seeking sustenance in a million modes and manners. Can you do away with this delusive devil this delightful Deepavali? If you can, I am with you, for ours is a common enemy, this ego, which blinds vision even before the fog of fire-crackers will.

Shubha Deepavali! Shubha Kali Puja!

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment