Saturday 3 November 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MANOJ SIVAN (Manoj Sivan)!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MANOJ SIVAN (Manoj Sivan)!

Happy birthday, Manoj! May Thakur-Ma-Swamiji-Tulsi Maharaj bless you forever for the seminal work you are doing for them! You are the living testimony of what a man of humble means is capable of doing by way of service to a cause if the will be there to execute dream into action. The way you have persisted in upholding the cause of the resurrection of Swami Nirmalananda (Tulsi Maharaj) in the public imagination is not come by every other day and must make your life an inspiration for lesser ones like me to gain sustenance from.

I remember when you first mentioned the facts about Tulsi Maharaj to me, they came as a surprise to me and I could hardly believe what you said for I was convinced otherwise about his spiritual lineage from my reading of the 'History of the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission' by Swami Gambhirananda. So powerful was the hold of earlier data input in my brain that I could hardly believe what you said and it took me over a couple of years to get over the initial erroneous impression about this great disciple of Thakur. Then you requested me to procure Brahma Gopal Dutt's book on Swami Nirmalananda and gave me the telephone number of the late Sri Ajoy Basu, his son-in-law. I followed up on that and visited the gentleman at his residence three times in close succession. My interview of Sri Basu completely convinced me that Tulsi Maharaj is Thakur's forgotten apostle, not forgotten by the Master but by his followers.

Sri Ajoy Basu was such a gentleman. A disciple of Swami Vireshwarananda and an ardent follower of Tulsi Maharaj, he bore such an unassuming air that he immediately endeared me to him. The drawing room on the ground floor is all that I was privy to but it bore the unmistakable sign of days gone by that are never to return. There was a palpable spirituality pervading the very air of the room, a sattva that seemed to touch every object, emanate from the very walls which bore the past history as if concreted. What Ajoy Babu said to me was no less than stupefying fact and my earlier interactions with you resonated in my being. I was convinced at last that Swami Nirmalananda was a direct disciple of Sri Ramakrishna and the truth shone clear in my heart.

Shortly after this you sent books on Swami Nirmalananda to Prime Minister Modi and received in turn the latter of acknowledgement and thankfulness from the PMO. I was also the recipient of a similar grace by you and can never thank you enough for all the graces you have showed on me.

You introduced me to Dr. Achyuthan, the venerable disciple of Tulsi Maharaj and we entered into telephonic conversation and written correspondence from his side for a while. This brief interaction literally hammered home the idea that Tulsi Maharaj was indeed the direct disciple of Thakur. I hope to repay my debt to this venerable gentleman and his expectation of me to write on his Guru some day. It is a task that awaits me in whatever form the Master chooses that it be done.

The documents that you keep flooding facebook with that prove Swami Nirmalananda's discipleship of Thakur are galore and convincing beyond any shred of entertained doubt. But they are too numerous and often confuse the as yet uninitiated to the whole discourse. Nonetheless, those that are conscientious seekers of the truth must be taking their time off to go through them and arrive at their respective conclusions.

Today, Manoj, is the day you had seen the light of day for the first time so many years back. It is that auspicious occasion when your venerable mother and your revered father must have so rejoiced that I may only in my mind's eye envisage. But I add on my own rejoicing to that day deferred so many decades and wish you a very happy birthday with the invocation of blessings from the Holy Quartet (Thakur-Ma-Swamiji-Tulsi Maharaj) and my own good wishes and fraternal love, too. Happy birthday,Manoj!

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment