Saturday 7 November 2020

TO AN 'ENLIGHTENED' FACEBOOK FRIEND OF MINE WHO DEEMS ME A MARXIST BY PERSUASION OR INCLINATION, CASTING ASPERSIONS ON THE CASTE SYSTEM -- DISTINCTION WITH THE 'VARNASHRAM' KNOWN TO THE AUTHOR AND WOULD NOT MERIT ANOTHER CARPING COMMENT -- IN THE NAME OF ATTEMPTING TO LEVEL CASTE DIFFERENCES THROUGH EDUCATION WHICH SWAMI VIVEKANANDA HAD HIMSELF SUGGESTED .... [FIRST INSTALLMENT]


TO AN 'ENLIGHTENED' FACEBOOK FRIEND OF MINE WHO DEEMS ME A MARXIST BY PERSUASION OR INCLINATION, CASTING ASPERSIONS ON THE CASTE SYSTEM -- DISTINCTION WITH THE 'VARNASHRAM' KNOWN TO THE AUTHOR AND WOULD NOT MERIT ANOTHER CARPING COMMENT -- IN THE NAME OF ATTEMPTING TO LEVEL CASTE DIFFERENCES THROUGH EDUCATION WHICH SWAMI VIVEKANANDA HAD HIMSELF SUGGESTED .... [FIRST INSTALLMENT]

Online assumptions about my position, stance, motivations and motives convince me about the veracity of what Carlyle had once said, "The population of England is twenty million, mostly fools." This is true for all countries -- population varying, though, -- and is no less true for my brethren here in my beloved India who strut about imposing appellations on me based on peculiar conceptions about the content of my posts. The brahman today is brahman, indeed, devoid of truth of understanding which ought to characterise him or her, as the case may be. God bless these self-deluded keepers of the Dharma who have no conception -- and pity thereof -- of the gross injustices that the masses for ages have had to put up with to accommodate the nefarious practices of privilege in the name of the 'Varnashram', a concept philosophically sound and sublime and true enough but degenerate in its abuse over the ages, its glorious side notwithstanding. I wish these know-alls who proceed to question me and even advise me to dive deep into the mysteries of life that would in my altered understanding accommodate in my mind disastrous caste differences and 'varna' exploitation would themselves read better into my posts to be able to understand their comprehensive import and come to a saner conception of my ideas and the ideals that I espouse. Again I say, God bless these self-conceited Facebookers who with their scant understanding come to quick casting of aspersions on me that would, mischievously speaking, highlight their caste preferences, if the pun could push its way through.

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment