Wednesday 11 November 2020

THE MOTHERLAND AND THE MASSES ... 8


THE MOTHERLAND AND THE MASSES ... 8

When I think of Gandhiji I am awestruck by the resplendence of the man who stood tall with the highest principles of truth and non-violence in a world torn by fratricidal violence, a suicidal bent unto oblivion. The Second World War and Hiroshima were but the ultimate illustrations of it. Then my head bows down before my motherland in reverence for she alone -- I repeat, she alone -- has the capacity to give birth to such a noble son as Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
And what do we do? We vilify him to nourish our deluded dreams about men who also adored him as their beloved leader even if they differed with him in point of principle and practice in politics. But they all revered him as the greatest soul born after Swami Vivekananda.

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment