Monday 29 October 2018

MY MOTHERLAND, MY MOTHER ... 1

MY MOTHERLAND, MY MOTHER ... 1

As I see proficient people making an exodus to foreign countries in search of a better living, my resolve to live and die with the toiling masses of my motherland becomes stronger evermore. I shall live here to share their woes, to stand by them and to offer solutions even in mutual distress but shall never quit the scene for ease of living elsewhere. This is my solemn pledge unto Sri Ramakrishna, the Holy Mother and to Swamiji for whom I have tried to dedicate thus far my imperfect life and shall strive to do the same in the future as well. This is my austerity, my love for my people, my motherland remaining my highest deity that I can envision all around me and feel the presence of.

Born here in India, having lived and worked here in India, I wish to die here on the lap of Mother India which shall be my final resting place. Wherever they burn my body it matters not much to me for every inch of space of my motherland is as holy as the Ganga which nourishes her. My abode has been here in my blessed motherland and may I be born thousands of times yet to kiss the very dust of hers which shall liberate me from the claims of all selfish clinging and make me one with the soul of India!

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment