Monday 1 March 2021

THE ISLAMIC IMPERATIVE AND THE NEED TO REFORM



THE ISLAMIC IMPERATIVE AND THE NEED TO REFORM

Islamic ideology of hatred of the idolater has historically caused significant damage to Indian civilisation and this the Indian Muslims must frankly admit. They must now reform their ways and learn to live in complete acceptance of the fact that all religions are equally valid paths to God and Truth and that Hinduism is the grandest philosophical way to the Divine, what Swami Vivekananda has called 'the mother of all religions' in his celebrated inaugural Chicago Address. I wonder what the response of the Indian Muslims will be to what I have stated, although, I can very much guess it from beforehand. Nonetheless, I send them my good wishes and hearty love for they are my countrymen, my fellow sisters and brothers, and together we must forge a nation based on ancient Hindu ideals backed by modern scientific thinking.
Written by
Sugata Bose
Photo : Taimur Lung ; Delhi after its sack by the Islamic invader in 1398.

No comments:

Post a Comment