Monday 8 April 2019

THIS, BY WAY OF CLARIFICATION TO YOU, MY FRIEND

THIS, BY WAY OF CLARIFICATION TO YOU, MY FRIEND 

Dear friend,

You are entitled entirely to your own opinion so long as you refrain from openly castigating me unfairly which a certain truant member had ventured to do. So far as the persons I have blocked, one of them was hardly asking me any proper question or seeking from me any explanation worth the while on any pertinent issue but was foisting on me his own opinion about my political stance which was not only inaccurate but unjustified as well. Two of them I blocked, one for casting aspersions on me and the other for plagiarising Drjayanta Choudhuri's articles, and I am proud to have conducted myself adequately well in this regard as administrator of this group.

I may have my political preferences but I never make them public on facebook posts or comments, for I am essentially an apolitical person. My job as an amateur historian of sorts, as a writer and a communicator at that is to highlight pertinent historical issues, core humanitarian concerns and cultural values, and, I guess, I do that to a fair degree of personal satisfaction. I may even venture to say that my stated responses to the contentious concerns of the times draw considerable support from my readers who know me to be unbiased, apolitical and truthful in my assertions on paper or on screen.

I must thank you, though, for calling me intelligent, for I know you by now to be a sincere person who speaks his mind without malice, and, hence, I return the compliment to you as well. Keep reading my posts, articles and essays and do not come to hasty conclusions about me, for your judgement thus will be flawed for sure. My good wishes and continued friendship to you and my sincerest appreciation of your fundamental goodness of nature and warmth of heart. May God bless you !

Yours sincerely
Sugata Bose.

No comments:

Post a Comment