Thursday 25 April 2019

LANGUAGE PREFERENCE IN LIVE VIDEO SHOW

LANGUAGE PREFERENCE IN LIVE VIDEO SHOW

Yes, but the problem is with the audience, varied and dispersed as they are and with preferred linguistic preferences born out of fundamental capacities and leanings thereof. But the sheen is lost if there is a transference of the lingua franca periodically for it disturbs the flow even as fresh mental adjustments are made to accommodate such verbal alterations. I find myself more at ease with the alien tongue which has been historically, and not unhappily anymore, been imposed on me by colonial conquest, for I can then keep under wraps volatile stuff given articulation to, by usage of English euphemism or other refinements and linguistic sophistication. Such capacity, though, is highly desirable in the vernacular as well but I fall veritably short on that. Hence, English would have been preferred by me but for audience preference deeming it otherwise.

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment