Wednesday 12 August 2020

THANK YOU, SAPTARSHI MAHARAJ

THANK YOU, SAPTARSHI MAHARAJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMa-fgc-5vg&t=724s

The reminiscences of my Gurudev by Saptarshi Maharaj, a wonderful monastic member of the Ramakrishna Order, humble and delightfully decent, etiquette personified, exquisitely cultured but naturally so, no artificial cover adorning a personality otherwise, the same simple being to one and all. Truly, a monk par excellence and for others to emulate. His experience with one of the titans of the Order for such a long while at such close quarters helped further shape his evolving personality unto its present fruition. His reminiscences carry the portrait of the one, who is my life and sustenance, in plainest terms with no verbal flourish but in simple, artless talk that appeals instantly, for it is fraught with the truth of first-hand experience. My prostrations to Saptarshi Maharaj even though he be very much my junior in earthly age but so much my senior in every other way. I still remember his quiet and pleasing demeanour towards the prospective initiates on the day of my spiritual rebirth.

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment