Monday 21 April 2014

KALPATARU 1

The Kalpataru (the wish-fulfilling tree) beneath which the Master had blessed his devotees on January 1, 1886 at Cossipore Garden House. Late afternoon that day Girish arrived. Sri Ramakrishna addressed him, " I hear you are saying things about me. Tell me, what you have understood about me that prompts you to speak thus." Instantly Girish knelt down and with great emotion exclaimed," About whom Vyasa and Valmiki have failed to extol enough, how much more have I said, I, insignificant Girish ? " Struck by these words, the Master instantly passed into Samadhi. Returning to normal plane, his bounds of divine grace broke down as he blessed all the devotees assembled with spiritual visions and ineffable bliss. And the mute witness of this divine saga was this tree, the Kalpataru. Even today millions flock under its shade as they visit this place of pilgrimage, the Master's abode in his final phase of earthly sport, with the firm conviction that he will bless them with light and knowledge and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment