Wednesday 17 August 2022

IS THIS WHAT MAKES A RISING NATION?

IS THIS WHAT MAKES A RISING NATION?


I do not see much of an intellectual future for our country in the coming years. The cultural climate is bleak. It is evident, on a personal note, from the pronounced lack of intelligent response to my posts and an outpouring of preconditioned patriotism in terms of lazy adulation of our nation's historical heroes along predictable lines with no interest exhibited whatsoever in deepening contact with our history or heritage. It is a most disheartening situation in which to write, for it, more often than not, becomes an exercise in futility owing to little or no reader response. And yet I persist, for a fool that I am, my optimism knows no bounds, neither my penchant for posting my instant reflexive responses to the stimuli that I so constantly receive from my surroundings. 


Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment