Wednesday 6 June 2018

IN RESPONSE TO SOURAV PAHARI'S ANGUISH THAT I HAVE HARSHLY SPOKEN ABOUT NETAJI IN MY BENGALI POEM ENTITLED ' চিরকুমার সুভাষচন্দ্র '


IN RESPONSE TO SOURAV PAHARI'S ANGUISH THAT I HAVE HARSHLY SPOKEN ABOUT NETAJI IN MY BENGALI POEM ENTITLED ' চিরকুমার সুভাষচন্দ্র '

Sourav Pahari : I don't have more idea about this matter..
I wish that you come to this conclusion after repeatedly studied and I respect you for this.
I think that if he did not forget what he have to be achieved and মতিভ্রম, কালিমা লিপ্ত is to much attacking and at the last I must said that I respect your humble emotion for the great leader.

Sugata Bose : You have not understood the import of these lines at all. These criticisms are not directed to Netaji but they are references to his adversaries by way of sharp raising of these obvious calumnies involved as cast upon the unblemished character of our beloved leader.

Poetry is not everybody's domain and, hence, your failure to apprehend the intent here. I do not blame you for it but, alas, in this age of universal education of ever-declining standards, poesy seems to be on her flight of fancy away and away, 'far from the madding crowd', into the remotest locales where modern-day obscurity reigns and the masters commingle their arts of the past to brew up possibilities for the future, unborn and unheralded as yet.

Netaji lives and will forever live in my ardent aspirations, in my dreams and delusions, and in my final liberation from the bounds of rhythms and rhymes unto the vast vistas that lie ahead. For me to cast aspersions on his unsullied being is to mar the manner of my metre and render sterile the stuff of my poesy. Hence, be assured, my bemused friend, that your hero lives in the stellar splendour where you witness him in regal light, untouched by aught of earth, untainted by littleness of seeking, besmirched by nothing foul save that of falsities foisted on his fetter-free being by near and peripheral personalities.

Response written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment