Thursday 23 August 2018

IN RESPONSE TO SOURAV MISHRA'S (Sourav Mishra) RATHER CAUSTIC COMMENT ABOUT MY INTENT AND ATTITUDE IN POSING QUESTIONS TO MY READERS AND HIS WISE SUGGESTION TO ME THEREOF

IN RESPONSE TO SOURAV MISHRA'S (Sourav Mishra) RATHER CAUSTIC COMMENT ABOUT MY INTENT AND ATTITUDE IN POSING QUESTIONS TO MY READERS AND HIS WISE SUGGESTION TO ME THEREOF

Sourav Mishra : All the questions which you are posing sir are not innocent queries. You have your own preconceived bias towards this. Please remove this altered ego and put up genuine questions.

Sugata Bose : You are rather impertinent in the way you speak and you need to alter your stance before communicating with me. The preconceptions about my attitude and attribute are yours and not mine. So, keep your counsel to yourself and desist from advising me as to my intent or questioning the innocence or otherwise of my posing questions before my readers. I have noticed this tendency in you to put barbed verbal affronts but have thus far hesitated to counter them out of civility towards and natural respect for a reader and a fellow human being. But the forthrightness you have exhibited in passing derogatory judgement on me this time deserves a fitting reply and I have given you one with great restraint of articulation. Henceforth, I hope civility will prevail in your correspondence with me. I remain your friend, Sugata Bose.

P.S. The intent of questioning, though, is to quicken public interest in matters pertinent and not to foist my opinion on my readers in such matters by any stretch of imagination. This is an intellectual exercise often and not politically or selfishly motivated at any rate. You are at liberty to question me but I can assure you that I merely ask questions to collectively examine an issue from the widest possible angular range and not in any way to create a specific model of thinking or conception about the same. I, myself --- if you read my posts thoroughly --- often contradict earlier positions regarding a matter as and when I happen to view it from a different perspective. I am not structured in my thinking so much as to be rigid about matters that are worthy of cogitation from all possible angles and I keep my options open to discover fresher perspectives on anything for that matter. This keeps my intellectual pursuit green and my life a springtime of blossoming ideas. Do not take me amiss and harbour ill-feelings towards me who am your elder brother and a co-pilgrim in this 'brief sojourn' here on earth. May God bless you, Sourav, and shower you with peace, bliss and knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment