Saturday 25 August 2018

REASON, REALISATION AND REALITY ... 1


REASON, REALISATION AND REALITY ... 1

I cannot cater to your infatuations for I am hell-bent upon smashing them all for myself. Myself must stand free in the sunshine of light and life. Let enlightened reason be my guide and let the accumulation of past tendencies be burnt to the fume such that they hold me no more. It is this negation of all negatives that appear as real and affirmative that constitutes the core of austerity, intellectual and spiritual, and it is this negation that delivers one unto the realm of reality and peace where dualism with its tentacles holds no more the aspirant in the mire of materialism. Such is the liberation I seek for myself and for all who seek my service in life.

I quail not in fear of retribution from some cruel fiat that supposedly governs phenomena nor do I succumb to the temptation of masquerading as an arbitrary authority myself. I merely try to witness dispassionately the workings of the world and come to terms with it, both in the psychological plane where I seek harmony of happening if there be some such order in the universe of conscious dreams, and in the plane of active execution where I render my services to attempt altering the human condition for the better. All this necessitates a rational outlook on life, an objective understanding of things and an emotional connect with the rest of my brethren who suffer their lot from want of realisation of that which is the core of their existence.

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment