Tuesday 10 May 2022

THE GOD THAT I CARE FOR IS THE GOD THAT CARES FOR ME, NOT A GOD THAT CAGES ME


THE GOD THAT I CARE FOR IS THE GOD THAT CARES FOR ME, NOT A GOD THAT CAGES ME


I cannot believe in a tyrant God who holds His arbitrary sword above my head and can damn me to eternal hell-fire or, capricious as He is, can career me to heaven to enjoy the delights of the divine damsels there. I can neither propitiate nor please this terrible tyrant to receive His grace unto such a sensuous heavenly end. I am satisfied with my Atman which I need not to please nor propitiate to receive a passport unto liberation. I am unwilling to cower in fear in front of an imaginary entity of tribal origin much as the tribesmen are wont to doing. I shall live fearless, free of all such silly superstitions that go by the name of practising spirituality of the ignoramuses. My Atman is my Self and I cannot fear myself. Hence, such a God is my best bet in my spiritual course ahead. If any personal God I must admit, may it be the God of love which is the outflow of my own Self, my Atman made flesh and blood much as I am. Me and my God shall be bound in love with nothing to bar union, neither desire nor return. Free in such a bond we shall traverse the path of life till in final absolute union the earthly bonds will break and the Self will reveal to dissolve me. Then freedom forever is.


Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment