Tuesday 31 May 2022

SELF-HELP IS MANHOOD AND THE ONE WAY AHEAD


SELF-HELP IS MANHOOD AND THE ONE WAY AHEAD


Far better to subscribe to oneself than to any arbitrary authority thrust on me which is called God whose will I must bow down to with unquestioning obedience. Such submission is slavery, not freedom from earthly fetters nor liberation of the senses. I must stand for myself and work my destiny out within the confines of this complex world, cutting through its meshes slowly till freedom is achieved.


I must free my own self, none else ever will. Self-dependence is the only way ahead. The least but of expectation of external help destroys hope in the long run.


Man, blind man, believes in cultural impositions of faith and suffers. He grows to maturity, then stands to reason and understands the imperative of self-help. There is no other way to extricate oneself from this maze of material life, from this delusive dissolving earthly existence.


Help myself I must till realisation is. No God but the Self within can be my support, my sustenance as I peel off layers of my apparent self to arrive at the golden gate of my glorious Self that abides resplendent within. Time conquered and cast away, the Self reveals in shining splendour, eternity encapsulated in a frozen moment, the Presence enfolding within itself all of phenomena, now dissolved and unified into a solidarity of spherical existence, unbounded, free, reflexive and brooding on itself with no possibility of self-replication. The Alone stands in silence, in stillness, in solitude, in unpartitioned consciousness of the Being for an unending stretch, for eternity. 


Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment