Wednesday 17 January 2018

A REQUEST TO ALL ESTEEMED MEMBERS OF 'NETAJI'

A request to all members to keep discussion directed to historical fact and not mutual maligning. Also, reserve some respect for each other and the respectability of the page itself.

It is the duty of all members not to go down to vilification of great men or small men, not to indulge in abusive language or in innuendos that either hurt human sentiment or cause dishonour to oneself or one's parents or the personalities under discussion. I, as administrator, find it very rewarding an experience to practice the maximum restraint in terms of censuring any or expelling any from this vibrant group. If you wish to verbally deride me for failing in my duties to check linguistic mischief or mischief of intent as the case may be, I will feel beholden to you for having spared each other from such derision instead. I have been squarely ridiculed by a member in the pertinent comment thread ofAvisek Banerjee about Mahatma Gandhi for being whatever he has chosen to call me, for which I can only thank him that he has chosen me and not someone else. I will have to remind this errant member, however, that I reserve my right to delete comments that I find grossly inappropriate in terms of linguistic decency. Hence, this said member may harbour discontent at my action but will have to bear with it, for I will do my duty to preserve the vibrant sanctity of this page on our great leader and will do so at the minimum to allow for maximum civilised member-participation and in no manner any dictatorial interference by myself.

I am a democrat and believe in civilised discourse where there is maximum opportunity for divergence of opinion and for assertion and rebuttal of arguments forwarded. I hope I have made my stance clear and I request all participants in debate to maintain basic minimum decorum in speech and intent for the fruitful functioning of this beautiful page.

Thanking you,
I remain humbly at your service in Netaji,
Sugata Bose (administrator)

No comments:

Post a Comment