Monday 4 January 2021

A RESTRAINING ACT A TRIFLE TOO LATE BUT DONE, NONETHELESS, WITH APOLOGIES TO MY FRIENDS FROM THE CORE OF MY HEART


A RESTRAINING ACT A TRIFLE TOO LATE BUT DONE, NONETHELESS, WITH APOLOGIES TO MY FRIENDS FROM THE CORE OF MY HEART

I have unfriended a certain gentleman who was busy abusing my Facebook friends in the comment streams of my posts to my growing horror. I have deleted his offensive comments and I sincerely apologise to each and every person who has been abused thus. I ought to have acted earlier than I did and regret the delay. I had hoped that civility would prevail after all but today when I discovered a particular series of noxious comments, I could not but instantly act by way of redress. Henceforth, no such toxic vituperation shall be entertained even for a moment. As I write copiously, I find it difficult sometimes to keep up with the series of comments that follow my diverse posts. Hence also the delay in restraining act. If anyone crosses the line as this said gentleman repeatedly did, do bring it to my notice, should I have missed it, and I will do the needful. Now please let us return to civic discourse once more. I invite you all to the mansion of my mind and its multifarious output here on my profile wall.

Written by Sugata Bose

P.S. @Shakkeela Ambattuvallappil : I have unfriended the said gentleman but, to my horror, now discover that you have unfriended me as well. Well, that is my misfortune as I have explained in my post written just before I discovered this unfriending act of yours. The problem is that my copious posts keep me from following each and every of the comment streams in due time. Hence, the predicament. As for your ideas about me, you are welcome to them, flawed though they be except for the fact that I am no communist. But neither am I what you otherwise suppose me to be. Farewell, dear erstwhile friend, Shakkeela Ambattuvalappil. May you keep in good health and peace of mind, and may the God who you have supposedly discarded as extraneous to your earthly requirements, bless you for ever and ever ! I have deleted all the toxic comments of this gentleman and distanced myself from him, written a post by way of apology for the unsavoury happenings on my profile wall, went to tag you then to bring it to your notice but found, to my surprise, that you have acted faster in the severance of friendship, much to my regret, for you were delightful company in humorous rebuttals to my posts and comments. God bless you !

No comments:

Post a Comment