Wednesday 30 January 2019

NETAJI -- WILL HE REMAIN SHROUDED IN MYSTERY FOREVER?

NETAJI -- WILL HE REMAIN SHROUDED IN MYSTERY FOREVER?

Will the Netaji mystery never be resolved? How long more must we wait? I, personally, have been waiting since 1967 when it was announced to us that Netaji would turn up on 23 Jan, 1968, for sure. As a child I had waited for the great day but to my utter disappointment. Since then I waited many years throughout my childhood and early adolescence but in vain. Then I gave up. Till a few years ago, facebook posts on Netaji's reclusive whereabouts apprised me of many hitherto unknown material and kindled hopes that the disappearance mystery would finally be resolved. The unearthing of classified Netaji files raised hopes but now again I am seized with despondency as nothing conclusive has come out till date. All that we get to hear are unverifiable versions of the hero's whereabouts as a monk living incognito in Uttar Pradesh for there are claims galore but there are neither photographs nor any other piece of evidence that may be deemed clinching and can set the matter to rest for good. In such a scenario speculation becomes rife and adds chaos to confusion as fanciful stories abound making the leader more remote from his historically known self evermore.

How we are to proceed hereon remains the moot question. What is the way ahead in this research on the disappearance of the patriot premier? I am too ignorant to hazard any opinion and leave it to the house to opine.

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment