Saturday 29 December 2018

IN DEFENCE OF MYSELF WHEN UNDER ATTACK FROM UNSEEMLY QUARTERS FOR THERE IS NONE ELSE TO DEFEND ME AS I CAN CLEARLY SEE

IN DEFENCE OF MYSELF WHEN UNDER ATTACK FROM UNSEEMLY QUARTERS FOR THERE IS NONE ELSE TO DEFEND ME AS I CAN CLEARLY SEE

Let me reiterate, I do not seek name or fame which, for what it is, I detest, nor do I seek to run down any. All that I stand for is truth and that is all that I pursue as well in my bid to bring about the welfare of my brethren everywhere here on planet earth in this 'brief sojourn' (to quote Einstein) we call terrestrial life. Beyond that my feeble vision does not let me peer into nor can I see clearly what lies ahead even here in this earthly life but it is amply clear that truth must be the secure foundation of all my movements for human welfare. Hence, truth it is that I owe allegiance to and not to any organisation, however exalted seemingly or in real, and truth is my ideal that I aspire to achieve and I personify in human terms as Thakur-Ma-Swamiji-Gurudev. Their graces are ever showering on me and I seek none other. Whether I receive abundant human support or not, it bothers me not for I know the flimsiness of human relations, fraught as they are with loads of self-interest.

So far as my mission to pursue truth my own way is concerned, I have myself as my support and some sympathisers as well, devoted as they are to the cause we hold as our common cross to bear, only, we do so not out of the sense of glorification of suffering but out of the impulsion to manifest all that is good and noble and elevating in the human spirit in a concerned labour of love. In so far as this mission of mine is concerned, help slowly is coming as followers flock in single file one by one but I depend on none, knowing the capricious nature of the selfish mind.

This is my not so humble a submission after all for I do not believe in false humility, pretentious and puerile, that reveals more of vanity than it obliterates ego in any sense. May truth be ever my guide, my Guru, my God, and in this I have found my anchor secure in my spiritual master, Ramakrishna.

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment