Tuesday 11 December 2018

SWAMI NIRMALANANDA by SWAMI JAGADISWARANANDA ... 15


SWAMI NIRMALANANDA by SWAMI JAGADISWARANANDA
(Translated by Sugata Bose) ... 15

Advent : 23 December, 1863 ; Mahasamadhi : 26 April, 1938

(The life, lectures, conversations and letters of Swami Nirmalananda, direct disciple of Sri Ramakrishna)
Copyright : Sri Ramakrishna-Sarada Math, Baghbazar, Kolkata 700 003

Chapter 1 : Introduction ... 10
--------------------------------------
When Swami Vijnanananda, a direct disciple of Sri Ramakrishna, visited Bangalore, he happened to speak about Swami Nirmalananda to a devotee thus :

''You do not know how indebted to Tulsi Maharaj I am. We used to be classmates in high school at Bangalitola in Kashi. Not only that, only Tulsi Maharaj knew everything of my visits to Thakur. When I was executive engineer, he used to then visit me quite often and stay for prolonged periods with me. He used to inspire me, even press me hard to leave my job and join in the service to Thakur. I was unmarried and used to reflect deeply on my way ahead in life. When I was thus burdened with this thought, Thakur graciously appeared before me and asked me to leave my job and to bear his flag. Next morning I telegraphed my note of resignation and having explained the details of my assignment to my subordinate, rushed to Alambazar Math and embraced the monastic life. There was such a deep relation and bond of affection between the two of us.''

Photo : Swami Nirmalananda (Tulsi Maharaj)

No comments:

Post a Comment