Wednesday 5 December 2018

TO SANGHITA, BHASKAR SEN SHARMA'S BELOVED DAUGHTER

TO SANGHITA, BHASKAR SEN SHARMA'S BELOVED DAUGHTER

This girl captivates my heart with her resonant divinity. She is not only Bhaskar's daughter but she is my daughter as well, although, I wonder whether I can lay claim to be so luminous as to be her foster father now at this distance in time and space when the star has faded into the blissful realms whence she had appeared temporarily in our horizons to fill us with tidings of a greater good, of a higher end and of a nobler imperative in life which the breath of being leads us on to but never quite catches its illusive charm which is reserved for these daisies, rosemary's children, these fairest flowers of humanity.

The father, bereaved and blessed thus in blissful remembrance of a heavenly being who had served her earthly hour and then departed to her celestial abode, has drawn all of us into a kinship of spirits through her who remains the thread that unites us all in her necklace of love that vaporised in the first rays of the dewy dawn.

My love to you, my daughter,
I send here tonight.
They'll waft through the starry skies
To welcome you with the light.

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment