Sunday 24 April 2022

EVEN I HAVE SELF-RESPECT, FORGET NOT


EVEN I HAVE SELF-RESPECT, FORGET NOT


Please do not attempt to humiliate me in my Facebook groups and conversations. If is highly unbecoming a practice even if such attempts are made in sophisticated, well-couched language and often with good intent and out of emotional compulsion. To publicly downgrade somebody, as recently a longstanding Facebook friend has done me, is unacceptable. Remember, it is each one's prerogative who he wishes to befriend or unfriend, obviously with due reasons that back such actions. I do not feel amused by someone publicly humiliating me in one of my conversation groups simply to vent his feelings out. Such attempts are an affront to my dignity and to any self-respecting person's dignity as well. To chase me on Gmail, Twitter, Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger and finally in Conversation Group is deplorable, wholly humiliating and an irritant past recompense. To irritate me constantly with pleas to write appreciations about the said one's comments or posts is childish. I have obliged dozens of times but the demand has persisted for long. Now it has come to humiliating me before others in a conversation group started by me long back. This is not fair. Desist from this, else, blocking back will be the only alternative left to me.


Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment