Friday 11 February 2022

 I DO NOT FEEL HONOURED TO BE IDENTIFIED WITH SOMEBODY ELSE BELONGING TO THE EXTENDED NETAJI BOSE FAMILY AND FEEL PROUD TO BELONG TO MY OWN BOSE FAMILY WHICH HAS NO CONNECTION WITH THE AFORESAID ONE WHATSOEVER 



I DO NOT FEEL HONOURED TO BE IDENTIFIED WITH SOMEBODY ELSE BELONGING TO THE EXTENDED NETAJI BOSE FAMILY AND FEEL PROUD TO BELONG TO MY OWN BOSE FAMILY WHICH HAS NO CONNECTION WITH THE AFORESAID ONE WHATSOEVER 


Stop associating me with Netaji's family just because my name happens to be Sugata Bose. This name was given me by my parents and does not therefore mean that by some weird connection I must belong to the extended family of Subhas Chandra Bose. My cover photograph amply demonstrates that I am quite another Sugata Bose from the one you all commonly mistake me to be. Hence, this confusion must cease. I do not in any way feel beholden to you for the undue honour you bestow upon me because of your mistaken notion nor do I feel happy to be vilified by supposed political opponents of my namesake. Let this be clear that I, like many other people bearing the name Sugata Bose, have no blood-bond with Netaji's family. It is a tribute to human folly, lack of discernment and sheer callousness that attributes me this unnecessary appendage of someone else's identity. Thank you.


Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment