Monday 12 October 2020

WHEN THINGS GO WRONG AND MEN REALISE IT NOT -- WHEN RAMAKRISHNA'S WARNING IS REJECTED AND MEN IMMERSED IN MUNDANE LIFE ENTER THE REALM OF SUPERFICIAL VEDANTIC DISCRIMINATION UNWITTINGLY INTENT ON ESTABLISHMENT OF THE FALSE EGO


WHEN THINGS GO WRONG AND MEN REALISE IT NOT -- WHEN RAMAKRISHNA'S WARNING IS REJECTED AND MEN IMMERSED IN MUNDANE LIFE ENTER THE REALM OF SUPERFICIAL VEDANTIC DISCRIMINATION UNWITTINGLY INTENT ON ESTABLISHMENT OF THE FALSE EGO

What a puerile pastime is this to first engage in corrosive commenting over my post, having failed to understand its import, and then proceeding to making disgusting and disturbing remarks over the Messenger ! And this coming from someone who was a regular visitor to our house, seeking spiritual counsel from me and never failing to express gratitude in copious sincere terms for the smallest of help given in furthering his spiritual understanding ! This is regrettable but this is what happens when one relinquishes reading of 'The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna' and substitutes it with Swami Sarvapriyananda's YouTube videos and the vainglorious study of the Vedanta texts. How right Sri Ramakrishna was when he warned householders with little discrimination and gross sensory affiliation against engaging in such affirmations of 'Aham Brahmaasmi' and 'Brahma satyam jaganmithya', adding that such claims of being an embodied terrestrial God would gradually lead to self-deception and the deception of others ! Indeed, I had warned this gentleman about this aspect of downgrading Maya but it was not heeded. Now, I only hope that the Master's words are adhered to and good sense prevails.
Taunting me over Messenger as being allergic to Swami Sarvapriyananda out of the fear of losing TRP for my messages (whatever that may mean, for I am a little confused as to where the relation lies) may serve the purpose of meanness but hardly serves to further oneself in one's spiritual path. It is a puerile exercise for one so advanced in age -- for the gentleman is some six years elder to me -- and merely confirms my earlier prediction about his would-be fate if he left the Gospel in his zeal for Swami Sarvapriyananda and the Vedanta as he eminently had been also advising people to do -- this pursuit of the Vedanta -- while all the while maintaining tearful allegiance to Thakur. This is what is called self-deception and deception of others unknowingly and in all good intent.
I have been good to him and twice now he has been nasty. Yet, I sought his forgiveness in open comment in case I had unwittingly offended or dishonoured or hurt him through my strong counter of his supercilious comments. But all is in vain for vanity ruins it all. I fully realise how ruinous it is to go against the directives of the Master and following foolishly the lofty principles of the Vedanta in the mundane man's misconceived manner. My words of warning repeatedly to the gentleman about this possible fate of alienation from the main course of spiritual development has been sadly fulfilled. I wish I were proved wrong but, alas, it cannot be for I was merely voicing what Thakur has said. But the all-merciful Lord will surely dispel this delusion and bring his errant child on course once again as Swami Vivekananda will replace Swami Sarvapriyananda and 'The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna' will regain its premier position in the gentleman's life to the exclusion of this over-enthusiasm for the Vedanta scriptures badly digested.

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment