Saturday 12 March 2022

A NOTE TO PARNIKA


A NOTE TO PARNIKA


Innocence that brings in with it a touch of the divine in the dewy dawn of one's life. This innocence of the hour must be preserved through life so that your sons become the repository of great good to the motherland. There are millions of less privileged children who have to suffer the rigours of life to the point of extinction from the face of the earth or to carry on with life as beasts of burden. May Prahlad-Advay grow up like Ram-Lakshman to alleviate human misery and to bring enduring smile to millions of their hapless sisters and brothers dotting the countryside where they bide by their earthly hour in shanties, huts not fit for human habitation, and pass out one day, unheard, unheeded, unknown, yet, providing for the privileged their luxuries of living through their sweat and toil on the fields where they befriend the earth before they rest on her bosom having sung their swansong of life! May these two babies feel for those hapless, helpless ones who drive my night's sleep away, who do their best for us but receive neither livelihood nor love from us! They sustain us and we neglect them to suffer their abysmal fate. What more can I say than to bless your babies through the ruddy drops of my heart, through my pulsating emotions that can scarce do anything to relieve them a bit of their earthly burden? These are my gods, my goddesses who keep me yet alive in a life of delusive dreams, these indeed are the ones for whom I seek for myself neither liberation nor God, for these are my God in their suffering summation. I wish to see my motherland happy and peaceful, strong and pure so that future humanity will become more humane and cease to cause misery on earth. I have nothing more to say than that blessings be on your boys, on your husband and on you so that the dewdrops of dawn on the village greens that now lie in vaporised waste after a brief hour on earth survive to fruition to bring forth a richer harvest for future India that lies in wait in our impregnated motherland. May we feel more, do more, love more and embrace the helpless as our very own!


Written by Sugata Bose 

No comments:

Post a Comment