Saturday 5 August 2017

MATERNAL TALK

Saroj Kumar Kanta Was there any time to Netaji to be fallen in love with Emili Senkel ? He was then busy with the achievement of freedom of India and he had then to face vigorous obstruction with extreme hardship . So I think that the tale of Netaji's marriage is fake . He was wholly dedicated to his own country and found no time to express love to anyone .

Sugata Bose Saroj Kumar Kanta Mahashay, this is precisely what my 85 year old mother, now ailing, has maintained. She had seen Netaji in Baharampur when she was 4 years old and has given me a graphic description of his total-white attire from shoe to cap, dhoti, kurta, chadar clad. She is now suffering from cerebral paralysis with speech debility and can barely articulate at any point of time with difficulty a couple of words. And she said some time back in this state of physical impairment the following words in response to my query as to whether Netaji, she felt, had married or not, "Somoy nei." (The Bengali words for my non-Bengali friends I hereby translate: No Time)

No comments:

Post a Comment