Friday 23 August 2019

DEVOTEE, THOU DUST OF THE DIVINE !




DEVOTEE, THOU DUST OF THE DIVINE !

All power is Thakur's. I am a non-entity, an empty drum that he beats at his will. Swamiji said he was a voice without form and I am but a form without a voice. For the voice is his that speaks and I speak not. I can hardly say that the form is mine as well, for it is he who dons the cosmic garb of name and form.

Substance he is, membrane am I. The sound emerges from silence, springing free and floods the soul that thrills. Nor body nor mind nor the spirit free, none of these am I. I am but the nothingness that scarce exists save in the everythingness of the Lord.

My Master, my Mother, my friend forever abides in this mansion of his where his grace lends me space to live, and I do so in bliss as a speck located in his blessed feet, doing devotions that remain my only vocation.

Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment