Monday 31 May 2021

BY WAY OF RESPONSE TO BHASKAR SEN SHARMA'S COMPLAINT THAT I DO NOT GIVE 'LIKE' OR MAKE COMMENTS ON MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS' POSTS


BY WAY OF RESPONSE TO BHASKAR SEN SHARMA'S COMPLAINT THAT I DO NOT GIVE 'LIKE' OR MAKE COMMENTS ON MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS' POSTS


Wrong assessment as I quite often, everyday in fact, keep giving 'like/love' signs to those posts of my Facebook friends which come my way and which I like or find pertinent to social well-being and spiritual evolution, and I am one of those who shares posts of others the most, often to the tune of 40 plus 'shares' of a single post for my more than 90 groups and near 90 pages. I never ask anyone to do so for mine and do feel writing on Facebook so copiously a waste of time and effort sometimes when I see that so few read them, preferring to give a 'like' to the appended photograph instead or simply giving them the go-by. However, my writing is my spontaneous reaction to what I see all around and I do not think anybody owes me a fig that they should 'like' or comment on my posts. One more thing. I am  a social commentator and do Facebook only for the specific cause of serving society. I do not project myself or my family or have any self-serving to act either as fillip for my posts or as inspiration motivating them. I also have my joys and sorrows but keep them to myself as far as possible. I do not see any reason why I should publicise my mother or father or family as I see going on all around, remembering ever that privacy is privacy and publicity publicity and 'never the twain shall meet' in my life so long as I remain essentially myself. I do not post 'stories' publishing my dressed-up visage for others to appreciate/admire for I seldom see myself in the mirror to even reckon that others deserve to do so at my bidding. Hence, there is a misconception here about me and I hope I have been able to duly clarify my mind and my stand thereof. And by way of bringing back a near-forgotten fact finally. I have written on you 15 small but lyrical essays by way of appreciation of your commendable literary skills which are all on my personal page and have also composed several essays on your departed daughter with sincerely felt emotions sweeping my frame as I wrote them in saddest memory of one who I have but met in imagination alone with her bereaved father standing aside bathed in tears. I wonder if anyone else on Facebook has done likewise. If they have, my heartiest commendations to them. If they have not, I deem it to have been my privilege to have done so and so set the door ajar for them to follow if they so choose. But only if they so choose of their own will and volition, for an enforced comment or 'like/love' is that much shorn of truth as forced love is shorn of sublimity of emotion itself. May God bless you and yours, my noble friend !


Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment