Monday 24 May 2021

A COMPARISON MADE ? WELL, WHY NOT ? BUT HAS IT BEEN MADE ?



A COMPARISON MADE ? WELL, WHY NOT ? BUT HAS IT BEEN MADE ?


It literally baffles me to behold how people, well literate, misinterpret my posts and make false accusations against me of myself comparing Mother Teresa to Swami Vivekananda. Well, personally I have no qualms in comparing the two outstanding spiritual geniuses of the Age despite their pronounced philosophical and theological differences, but the fact is that I have not done so. Why then this malicious misinterpretation and accusation thereof? Or, shall I call it the output of dull preconception? To state that the greatest person born after Swami Vivekananda was Mother Teresa -- does it in any sense imply comparison or does it rather point to greatness in terms of chronological arrival on the world scene? I wonder where sanity in the literate has taken flight to when their flights of fancy allow them such aberration in thinking? India truly needs an intellectual shake-up now as mediocrity assumes centre-stage increasingly to corrupt conversation and ruin cultural discourse.


Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment