Saturday 30 September 2017

WHO AM I?


1. I am neither historian nor politician nor Netaji kin. I am but a child of Ramakrishna, unconnected to any.

2. Let the sequel to the Pujas end this unseemly confusion of identity thrust on me by so many through no fault of mine.

3. If your eye be not discerning, is the fault mine? If your judgement be clouded, does it behove me to clear such? I am who I am!

4. It pains me to see how familial infatuation carries to this day and men mistake me to be some else despite my protestations.

5. I'm no kin to Netaji but am kin to the common man who's my brother true. I feel no honour in being thought as else, don't you see?

6. If there's pride in oneself, joy in life, it's all in being true to who I am and not in who ye cast me into. Glory unto the Self!

7. I, an ignorant humble man of no consequence to life around, must so bear indignity, free and foul, to be thrust as one who I am not.

8. All along have I profile set
    Of picture mine and of none else,
    Comedy stirs ye all yet,
    In error abounds and in error swells.

9. My name is my name, so my surname is. Who gives ye the right to challenge me thus?

10. May I reiterate I am unconnected to politics of any kind nor affiliated to any party. I am but a humble servant of the Lord.

11. I go not by familial glory,
      Though glory there is in every line,
      I bask in the shine of none else,
      Though men presume it so fine.

12. It is tiresome to explain to so many people everyday, irksome too that I am not the TMC MP Sugata Bose. I am quite another Sugata Bose.

13. Patience has its limits. Must I change my parent-given name to humour the followers of MP Sugata Bose? Is that what it has come to?

14. With this discerning power where you cannot sift the grain from the chaff you wish to solve the Netaji disappearance mystery?

15. This muddled mass of thinking, messy way about life, this clumsy confused conception, with these will ye solve the Netaji mystery?

16. Before levelling charges at me as to who I am, get off your deluded notions and set your judgement right. I am not your TMC MP.

17. Get your facts right before speaking next as to who I am. It is distasteful to encounter deluded people with fantastic notions.

18. The cover photo is mine, the profile picture is mine and I am no counterfeit soul trying to pose as someone else to garner support for my cause. I am no relation of Netaji nor am I historian nor affiliated to any political party. Stop labelling me foul this way. You dishonour me, dishonour the professor who I am not and, worst of all, insult my mother who gave me this name and face.

19. Everyday adored am I,
      Abused, questioned why I am me,
      I know not what to say to these
      Save to dwell in misery.
   
      Befuddled you are by my use of words,
      In easy poesy they come to me.
      Pray, tell me how it feels to be
      When questioned on identity?

      Who says dynasty the Gandhis bear?
      Foul dynasty's foisted on me.
      Refrain do I as much as I can
      Till they cross limits of decency.

      Bradman's son did change his name
      To Bradsen, I now know why he did
      Two years before his father's death
      Bradman got the Bradsen rid.

     So many of you show not your face
     Take other names on fb fine,
     How dare you then confront me so
     That rides on Self, for Self doth pine?

20. Manusher amake Netajir paribarbhukto korar adamya utsaha dekhe ashcharjyo hoi o bhabi ke bole Bharat ganatantrik desh. Raja chai, raja!

No comments:

Post a Comment