Tuesday 20 February 2024

BLOCK-TREATMENT


BLOCK-TREATMENT


This is the text of my responses to the uncivil commenter who unceremoniously challenged my authority in writing my posts the way I do. The text follows:


"I am my own authority. Who are you, by the way, to question me? Your opinion may differ from mine but that does not give you the privilege of being peremptory in addressing me. I thoroughly denounce your tone of talk. Civility of social address would deem exhibition of better courtesy. When one makes a post, one expresses one's own convictions and does not feel petrified to do so, that is, if one has character and courage of conviction. Keep your own counsel henceforth. May Swamiji bless you!"


When further advised to keep my authority, my feelings and my opinions to myself instead of venturing to express them over a public platform, the verbal assailant was met with my following response:


"This is my page, not your parlour. Hence, my realisations, convictions, even considered opinions I shall voice here, if even to your slanted vision or dislike thereof. Thank you."


Written by Sugata Bose

No comments:

Post a Comment