Monday 27 January 2020

THE ADMINISTRATOR'S FOLLY AND THE FOLLOWERS' FERVENT RESPONSES TO KEEP THE FLAG OF FREEDOM FLYING EVEN HIGHER, FOR IN THE LIBERATOR'S ATTRIBUTES ARE ENSHRINED THE BEST VIRTUES THAT THE MOTHERLAND IS HEIR TO

THE ADMINISTRATOR'S FOLLY AND THE FOLLOWERS' FERVENT RESPONSES TO KEEP THE FLAG OF FREEDOM FLYING EVEN HIGHER, FOR IN THE LIBERATOR'S ATTRIBUTES ARE ENSHRINED THE BEST VIRTUES THAT THE MOTHERLAND IS HEIR TO

Recently a post made by me created quite a commotion here on this group page as Nehru was in a casual moment of deluded reflection on my part placed a notch above Netaji in terms of intellectual excellence. Questions galore had to be answered by me thereon in the comment section to the post with some of the responses not so friendly, as is only to be expected, considering the passionate adulation the people of India have for the hero of their dreams and fantasies who, though, was way ahead in terms of character attributes than the fondest conceptions of his fervent followers can measure up to in their fanciful imaginings. As the discussion with the passage of time has petered down and the minds have wandered off onto fresher pastures for their nourishment and exercise, I was accosted by an elderly lady, respectable and apparently erudite, as to whether Nehru was truly superior in intellectual terms than Netaji. I could not avoid her an adequate answer that would clear her confusion, in case my post had unwittingly set her mind oscillating in significant doubt as to the issue, and proceeded to provide the following answer :

Not quite, Madam Neeta Banerjee. Just a provocative assertion on my part to trigger discussion for better clarity on the relative attributes of the duo. But the move, not mischievous by any means whatsoever, as some have suggested, but made by way of sincere seeking to know more and also to find out where the polity stands on this issue, backfired, nay, boomeranged on me to catch me napping but in the process did me the greatest service to arrive at an analytical and synthetic understanding of the profundity of the Netaji-mind which with further reading is by the day confirming that the people at large are not always worse off in conception of certain essential features of the seminal greats than the so-called intellectuals abounding in society who are more often than not culpable to devious reasoning and dispersed understanding of them and, in consequence, a fractured conception of history which the common man in his applied common sense is not prone to somehow.


Anyhow, the move may have backfired but it has opened up for me a wealth of treasures lying hidden in books and writings which I have not laid my hands on for quite some time and which now needs the act of opening up for my consciousness to open up with it.

May the greats of the past bless me with understanding and fulfil my life, so help me God ! May Netaji sit rightly adorned in the midst of my heart and guide me unto fresher understanding of history and all its ilk !

Written by Sugata Bose [administrator]

Photo : Netaji and Nehru in a single frame has been provided by way of keeping the post's context and not to provoke yet again the ones for whom Nehru is sheer anathema.



Neeta Banerjee My dear Sugata Bose,
Your answer to my query is admirable, indeed.Yes, more than a slight indignance, it was an innocently questioning attitude which prompted my to write those words.
Your assertion about Jawaharlal Nehru's intellectual superiority 
somehow smelt of your conviction of the same.I wished to find out the reasons behind anybody's conviction in the matter.
Netaji will always cause a tussle between heart & mind in our hearts.
So let the arguments continue..!!


Neeta Banerjee This "thrust and parry " in 'fencing' language, is not only insurmountably interesting, it also encourages a multi dimensional aspect to the topic under discussion. Looking forward to your posts, as usual. My best wishes to you.

Sugata Bose Thank you. A reader won is a million tonne and a post furnished with frolic and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment