Tuesday 22 August 2023

SELF-REFLECTION ... 1


SELF-REFLECTION ... 1


I feel so tired at times, weary of life, utterly jaded, worn out, dejected, insulted, slighted and let down. Then inspiration comes yet again, filling me with fresh vigour to battle on in this Kurukshetra of life where dharma must eventually triumph. But the slights and the insults, this rubbing of rough souls, this clash of personalities with all their pettiness, all this leaves me sore before the new rays of dewy dawn freshens me with life and vigour once more. The glorious Ganga flows, the ancient hills beckon with their mute murmur, the southern breeze blows with its fair fragrance, its invigorating touch, and I awake to yet another leaflet of the book of my life, a pilgrim since primeval times traversing the forest tracks till modernity opens up new vistas across the shifting, expanding horizons of life. The path has been long, uncharted tracks yet await me as I, a solitary soul, trudge on carrying the ancient lantern of the sages guiding my path through the myriad mazes of Maya. Will I reach the goal? Will Mother take me in through the deep dark night to the sunlit summit of sublimity? Mother knows best. I can only submit, no more. May Mother's will be done! 🕉 


Written by Sugata Bose 

No comments:

Post a Comment