Saturday 3 June 2017

WHEN CAUGHT IN THE CROSS-CURRENT OF LYRICISM, AND DENUDED TO THE CORE

Narayanan Gandhi, since the write-up on Sayak Sen entitled 'WELL DONE, SAYAK SEN!' was a shared post on the group page of NETAJI VITAL LINKS where you have squared me up on my verbosity, I am not permitted by facebook rules to comment there. Hence, I take the liberty to reply here where both Sayak Sen and you, venerable Narayanan Gandhi Sir, may read my response and, if it pleases you, may even reply to carry the conversation on.

You see, I am an ignorant person endowed with frothy words alone which I dish out in bliss to the delight of many and to the irritation of some like you, revered Sir. Forgive me for this repeated lapse and lacuna in my presentation of prose, so devoid of substance and utterly hollow therefore, for there is nothing else that I have to my writing repertoire than this verbosity which is such an irritant or amusement, as the case may be, for erudite individuals like you, respected Sir. So far as Sayak Sen is concerned, I am happy to encourage him, in his endeavour to unearth the truth about the disappearance of Netaji, in the manner best known to me, and I do so in all sincerity, let me assure you, although, to one so well-versed in knowledge as you, dear Sir, it may seem to be an exercise in futility, a wasted endeavour and well-worded gibberish 'signifying nothing'.

I am an ardent admirer of your writings though, Narayanan Gandhi Sir, so full of facts and figures, wonderful quotations from a rare book by a rare individual (A.M. Nair) whose seminal contribution to the freedom struggle of India, I came to know through your Highness' grace, and so, I remain, Narayanan Gandhi Sir,
Devotedly yours,
Sugata Bose.

P.S. Sayak Sen, we are proud of you and stand rock-solid behind your noble enterprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment