Tuesday 11 November 2014

INDIA, THE SECOND-MOST POPULOUS COUNTRY --- A RECTIFICATION


Thanks a lot Samir Krishnamurti for the information furnished by you regarding India's status as the second-most populous country in the world today. I humbly stand rectified and have accordingly made adjustments to the opening reference in my essay. I Google-searched it before doing so and this I ought to have done beforehand itself. I was aware of this fact but had thought that China having frozen her population over sometime now and the Indian census having been conducted sometime back and the alarming rate of population growth persisting in India, she must have by now overtaken China well and soundly. But it was a terrible misjudgment and an unverified assertion for which I have made the necessary adjustment to my post. Thank you again for bringing this mistake to my notice and thereby helping the essay on to freedom from statistical error. May God be with you ever is the prayer of this servant of Ramakrishna-Vivekananda!

No comments:

Post a Comment